Sunday, September 20, 2009

The Best Gangster? Poll results.


The poll results are in for your favorite gangster. The winner is.....James Cagney! He won with 60% of the votes, followed by George Raft with 40%. I have to admit James Cagney is my favorite movie gangster too.

"The Public Enemy" (1931) is Cagney's most famous gangster film. It is probably my favorite gangster film of all! It's ending is so terrible that I can't help but be shocked every time I watch it. If you have not seen this film yet, rent it this week! It's fabulous!!

James Cagney also was very good in musicals too! After watching "The Public Enemy", that might be hard to believe. We all remember him in 1942's "Yankee Doodle Dandy" playing George M. Cohan. I also enjoyed him in the wonderful Busby Berkeley film, "Footlight Parade" (1933). He was such a wonderful, versatile actor. This post is making me want to watch his movies this week. I'm sure my husband won't mind, he's one of his favorites too!

No comments:

Post a Comment