Friday, February 12, 2010

Movies I Watch Again & Again Part 2/2



Today is part two of which movies I watch over and over again. Again, these are not necessarily my favorite films, but I love to watch them none the less.


A Free Soul (1931)

Starring: Norma Shearer, Clark Gable

Why do I love this? Norma Shearer is fabulous in pre-code films. Although I love "The Divorcee", I find my self watching this one more often. Clark Gable is not the nicest person in this film, but oh well, it's Clark Gable!


The Ghost and Mrs. Muir (1947)

Starring: Gene Tierney, Rex Harrison

Why do I love this? I guess I have always been drawn to ghost stories, and this is one great ghost story! It isn't scary in the least, just a delightful movie. You can also see a young Natalie Wood playing Gene Tierney's daughter.


People Will Talk (1951)

Starring: Cary Grant, Jeanne Crain

Why do I love this? Every time I watch this I completely fall in love with Dr. Praetorius (Cary Grant). It really isn't hard to fall in love with any Cary Grant character, but who wouldn't love to be married to this doctor?


The Bachelor and the Bobby-Soxer (1947)

Starring: Cary Grant, Myrna Loy, Shirley Temple

Why do I love this? This is just a fun movie! Cary Grant is so wonderful and Myrna Loy is as great as ever. Shirley Temple plays the 17 year old bobby-soxer, and is entertaining to watch.


Dancing Lady (1933)

Starring: Joan Crawford, Clark Gable, Franchot Tone

Why do I love this? I really enjoy watching Joan Crawford at this point in her career. She looks beautiful, and always has a lot of spunk. Clark Gable is also looking marvelous as always. And Franchot Tone is I believe one of the most underrated actors, he is one of my favorites too!


So there are ten movies that I can't help but watch all the time! I know most of them are on there because of the people that are in them. But this blog is called Silver Screen Stars, and I love to watch the stars! Do any of you have certain movies that you watch a lot that are not in particular one of your favorites films? I would love to hear what they are!

No comments:

Post a Comment