Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Classic Movies for the First Time


This past summer I visited my sister for a few weeks in another state. While I was there our conversation turned to classic films many times (not hard for me to do). We created a list of movies that my sister had not seen that I would send to her. Finally last week, after several months of waiting, my sister got in the mail some must see movies. So, I thought that I would post the list of movies that I sent! Remember, the ones that I have listed are movies that she has NEVER seen.

- "The Jazz Singer" (1927)

- "The Public Enemy" (1931)

- "Little Caeser" (1931)

- "Suspicion" (1941)

- "It" (1927)

- "The Adventures of Robin Hood" (1938)

- "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington" (1939)

- "The Postman Always Rings Twice" (1946)

- "Jezebel" (1938)

- "Dinner At Eight" (1933)

- "The Philadelphia Story" (1940)

- "To Be or Not To Be" (1942)

- "Sunset Blvd." (1950)

- "Since You Went Away" (1944)

- "Cleopatra" (1934)

- "The Women" (1939)

- "Top Hat" (1935)

- "Swing Time" (1936)

- "The Mark of Zorro" (1940)

- "Imitation of Life" (1959)

- "Captain Blood" (1935)

- "All About Eve" (1950)

- "Gentleman's Agreement" (1947)

- "Gold Diggers of 1933" (1933)

- "Cabin in the Sky" (1943)

- "Heaven Can Wait" (1943)

- "Leave Her to Heaven" (1945)

It's hard to imagine never seeing these great movies! I am so excited for her to be able to watch all of the for the first time. Which one of these classic films do you think is the one that she should not go without seeing?

3 comments:

  1. Hey Mary,

    That is an impressive list of movies that your sister has never seen. She is in for a treat. And if I had to choose one that she should not go without seeing...is a hard call, I'm split between All About Eve and Imitation Of Life. But I don't think she can go wrong with any of the films you have listed. She is going to have a wonderful time I can imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monty, those are two great films! I know, I wish that I were in her shoes right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suspicion. That's the one that got me interested in classic movies. Hitchcock always seems to bridge the time gap with folks.

    ReplyDelete